DESSO AirMaster Kollektion from Tarkett
Tarkett has been pursuing the principle of a genuine circular economy for over 10 years. The number of Cradle-to-Cradle certified floor coverings for a wide variety of areas is constantly growing. These include elastic as well as textile floorings and parquets.
The DESSO AirMaster Gold collection of carpet tiles is a forerunner within this range of products. The collection combines material health (C2C Platinum) and special indoor air benefits, as AirMaster carpet tiles have been proven to be particularly effective at trapping fine dust from indoor air. This quality, together with their allergy-friendly properties and low VOC emissions, has led to the award of the GUI Gold Plus label.
DESSO AirMaster Gold contains more than 60% recycled substances and is 93% recyclable. The carpet tiles have been designed to be durable and subsequently recyclable from the outset. The yarn can be separated from the bitumen-free backing in the factory recycling plant and both components can then be fully recycled in a closed loop. Hence, a true recycling economy according to the Cradle-to-Cradle principle already works today.
The AirMaster Gold collection offers three complementary designs: AirMaster Nazca Gold, AirMaster Salina Gold and AirMaster Tierra Gold. All three collections have been designed so that they can be perfectly combined with each other.
DESSO AirMaster Gold at a glance:
DESSO AirMaster Gold has been awarded the Cradle to Cradle® Gold certification. It even achieved the highest C2C level Cradle to Cradle® Platinum in the test criterion of material health.
The benefits of the DESSO AirMaster Gold collection are as follows:
- Very low VOC emissions.
- 8 times more effective at absorbing and binding fine dust than smooth flooring (PM10) and 4 times more effective than conventional carpets (PM10).
- The reusable ECONYL® yarn and the EcoBase back coating are 100% recyclable and can be recycled in a closed loop.
- All colours are made from 100% ECONYL® yarn – a 100% recycled nylon that has been upcycled from materials such as used carpet yarn.
- All AirMaster products have a DESSO EcoBase® back coating with Cradle to Cradle® Gold certification. EcoBase is 100% recyclable and contains 100% positively rated ingredients, including upcycled lime from the Dutch drinking water industry.
- As part of Tarkett’s ReStart take-back programme, used carpet tiles are taken back and recycled in the manufacturer’s own carpet recycling centre.
Green Building verification: