Construction products are assessed with regard to their emissions. The following product categories are considered
- Interior paints and coatings
- Wood-based products
- Flooring materials (including floor levelling compounds and resin flooring)
- Ceiling, wall, and acoustic and thermal insulation materials
- Interior adhesives and sealants (including flooring adhesives)
with regard to specified emission limit values:
- Total volatile organic compounds (TVOC)
- Category 1A and 1B carcinogens
- Total semivolatile organic compounds (TSVOC), relevan for “Exemplary level”).
Different certificates and labels such as FloorScore, AgBB-Schema, Green Label Plus, GUT, M1, Indoor Air Comfort, eco Institut Label, Französisches VOC-Label A+/A/B, EMICODE ®-Siegel EC1+/EC1/EC2 are depending on the desired Quality recognized for VOC emissions from construction products (project specific).
For “Exemplary level”, stricter emission criteria must be observed.