Bewertungssystem Nachhaltiges Bauen (BNB)
The Bewertungssystem Nachhaltiges Bauen (BNB = evaluation system for sustainable construction) of the Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz, Bau und Reaktorsicherheit (Federal Ministry of Environment, Natural Protection and Safety of Construction and Reactors) is analogous to the certification system of the DGNB.
It evaluates the following categories:
- Ecological quality
- Economical quality
- Socio-cultural and functional quality
- Technical quality
- Process quality
- Location quality
Different usage profiles are available for the certification of:
- Office and administration buildings (new/existing buildings / complete restoration, usage and operation)
- Outdoor installations of federal property
- (New) educational buildings and
- (New) laboratory buildings.
Buildings can be awarded bronze (50%), silver (65%) or gold (80%).